[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] configure2 underway

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Nov 16 12:59:18 CET 2001

Hi,

> > - copy configure to configure2 on cvs server (i can do it)
done.

> > - commit your configure2
it's your step.

> > this way we won't lost a single line of history while keep boh versions
> > parallel until we can finally detele old one and replace with this.
>
> Please do that, I'll commit really soon (at worst tonight I think).
> I'll add the latest options commited too.
done

> Please note, this things changed :
>   - removed esd stuff : could not find any code using this
>   - removed xmm(p) stuff : same reason
> If that's a problem, let me know, it's no big pain re-adding 'em.
no, it's ok. i wanted to say to remove xmmp, but you was faster :)
btw. it should create a file called config.log, and output test's results
there, instead of /dev/null. also add a comment which one is which test.
as you do it in a function (echo_check or so), it shouldn't be problem.
I mean such output for each test:
================== Checking for libtermcap ======================
gcc tets.c -o test -ltermcap
gcc: error: undefined symbol ...
Check result: no

so people can easily find why a given check failed or misdetect something,
and we can easily find bugs.

> I also changed '#define FOO' to '#define FOO 1', which should not break
ok

> I've improved some detection tests but they may not work - or where not
> working correctly in the previous version :)
libtermcap test failed for me, but i didn't check why, as it's early beta :)

> Of course, there will be errors since I don't feel like testing any mix
> of options and I happen to msitpye (dsilexya is mroe fnu :).
:)))

> Attached snapshot for your configure2'ing pleasure :D
you forget it :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu