[MPlayer-dev-eng] -vo mga quiestions

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 12 19:16:08 CET 2001

Hi,

> Currently I'm working on radeon_vid driver.
> It's already in pre-alpha stage and maybe soon I'll
> commit this stuff.
>
> But I have some quiestions:
>
> -What about mga_vid2?
> (I mean that mplayer should pass more parameters to driver
> and can query driver about some features - like supported formats and so on
> In addition it would be possible to implement hw acceleration of subtitles
> and much more)
hmm. as currently only mga_vid is working, it has no sense. if more drivers
come like your radeon_vid and my ati_vid (or is hould change name then to
mach64_vid) it has some sense. btw we should keep current interface, and add
soem new ioctls to query supported formats.

> -Where are primary location of mga_vid and sis_vid drivers?
in source tree? drivers/*
installed i dunno, maybe at the lib/modules/*/misc

> Could someone (probably Arpi) explain me logic of -vo mga?
what logic? it simply enables non-colorkeyed overlay at 0,0 position at dest
w/h size.

> (Currently I have matrix from 20 images which are tiled on screen
> (matrix 5x4). All images are changed synchronously :( ?
strange. maybe you have problems with stride.
note that -vo mga uses 32 byte align at each line (mga hw limitation)

> Does -vo mga support -zoom or -fs -zoom options
no

> (My tracing shows me that mga_config has dest_width(heihgt) == src_width(height)
> with any combinations of those keys).
>
> - Is IMGFMT_IYUV == FOURCC_YUV12 or FOURCC_YUV09 ?
IYUV==I420 and it's the same as YV12 but U V planes swapped.

i don't know about any hw which supports YUV9.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu