[MPlayer-dev-eng] cvs-howto.txt

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 7 01:17:41 CET 2001

On Tuesday, 6. November 2001 22:57, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2001 22:28, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > no. it was right. you can't rename files in cvs tree. you just can delete
> > and re-add files, but it is not renaming. only cvs server admin can do
> > that on the server. it's me or lgb, so ask us. i would be happy if cvs
> > users could do that, but it's a cvs limitation :(
> >
> > and unfortunatelly there were lots of commits to badly renamed files
>
> sorry for the commits
>
> > so i don't know how to fix it. if i reverse all of those patches you will
> > be upset and have to commit changes again. is it possible at all?
> > Michael?
>
> i can recommit the current versions again, but the revisions inbetween
> would be lost
hmm cvs allows to delta out changes between arbitrary revisions of a file or
simply use cvsweb to get the needed diffs. delta out means you can say give e
changes between 1.12 and 1.14 but not 1.13 and stuff like that, requesting
diffs should also be possible through commandline cvs (RTFM man cvs ;).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos

--no sig yet, suffered a system crash :(--