[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Dxr3-devel] dxr3 as a generic framebuffer :D (fwd)

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sat Nov 3 17:10:03 CET 2001

Neologism wrote:

>On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 02:38, Dan Hollis wrote:
>
>>Look what I have just received in email from the dxr3 (hollywood+) list...
>>
>>:D :D :D
>>

>Holy cow!  Thanks for pointing this out; David Holm is my hero!
>
>The _only_ thing holding me back from buying a Hollywood Plus now is
>your comment:
>
>>Wow that is pretty amazing they've hacked undocumented feature of H+ and
>>make it into a generic framebuffer :O but looks like it only works with
>>older H+ card based on EM8220 chip and not newer EM8300...
>>

>Could you please explain this better?  What makes you think this?
>
>David, I'm ready to buy a Hollywood Plus on the strength of your patch
>alone (and intend to provide you with feedback/support).  I noticed that
>you included a patch for something called em8300(cvs).  Does this imply
>your stuff will work with the newer EM8300 version of the Hollywood
>Plus?  Do you have any advice for me about being careful of which
>version of the card I get, or doesn't it matter?
>
>Dan, thanks for keeping me in the loop.  :->
>
>Neologism

Heh, thank you =).
Check dxr3.sourceforge.net to see what cards are supported. The em8300
patch adds some features to the em8300 developer api needed for proper
sound playback. Also note that sound playback through the dxr3 in
mplayer doesn't work correctly yet (you get alot of frameloss). But
neither does xine, and I'm gonna kick their ass, xine sucks ass. Why
can't they help make additions to MPlayer instead?