[MPlayer-dev-eng] Note concerning my DXR3 patch for MPlayer

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Sat Nov 3 10:36:44 CET 2001

Hi,
I've found that libdxr3 (the layer between the dxr3 and mplayer) isn't
capable of uploading the microcode after a clean boot by itself, so you
will have to use <em8300-dir>/scripts/microcode_upload.pl before you run
MPlayer for the first time.

Currently I have finished converting the onscreen display to
subpictures, but the subpicture interface in libdxr3 is currently
non-functional so I have turned it off for now.
I'm also adding support for all win32 codecs, should be completed today
or tomorrow I hope.

The dxr3 sound output is still bitching me =(

My goal is to release a new patch tomorrow...

//David Holm