[MPlayer-dev-eng] DXR3 A/V syncing help

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Fri Nov 2 18:23:28 CET 2001

Hi,
I've come to a few conclusions... using dxr3 for both audio and video
playback yields an A: value that's increasing much faster than V:, and
A-V: gets very high after a  few minutes.
I'm assuming this means that audio is ahead of video. When using oss for
audio output syncing is perfect.
Now, what can I deduce from this, what might be wrong in my ao_dxr3
(what is mplayers syncing code depending on?).
Also, the dxr3 is capable of doing it's own a/v/(subpic) syncing by
passing it pts values everytime you write to the respective buffer, I
made the assumption mplayer was good enough at taking care of syncing so
the use of this would be unneccessary, any thoughts?
If mplayer would compile with profiling it would be helluva lot easier
to optimize it, but it segfaults with profiling... this should be
resolved if possible...

//David Holm