[MPlayer-dev-eng] DXR3/H+ Beta 1 patches, fixed and verified

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Fri Nov 2 15:47:21 CET 2001

Arpi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>>Here are the beta1 patches for em8300(cvs) and mplayer(cvs) for MPlayer
>>dxr3 audio/video playback. Read my first post regarding installation
>>instructions.
>>If these patches doesn't patch against CVS I'm gonna hurt myself,
>>

>ok ok
>please be a bit more patient :)
>i'll commit your patch today (i'm at work now, so i'll commit it later at home).
>i'll also put your driver patch to the ftp, so we can link it.
>
>after doing that, you should announce it at the mplayer-users list, and
>maybe at dxr3 lists (if any). you can't expect testers here, on the
>developers list (if any of the developers have dxr3, he already done the
>driver - so it seems you're the first here with such card :))

Heh, ok =). I feared being banned from the list. I was a member of the
nesdev list a few years back, and those moderators didn't tolerate ANY
mistakes, if you hadn't read every manual/text out there and asked a
question that was answered in one of them you got flamed and banned =).
(didn't read DOCS/DVB since I don't have a DVB ;)

>>For those of you who want to be able to play back more than just
>>mpeg-(1/2) read DOCS/DVB in mplayer and follow instruction "2." under
>>"How to enable?".
>>
>What about writting a few page text about compiling and using your driver?
>we could put it into the DOCS dir.

Yeah, I was going to ask that, didn't have time this morning to write a
long e-mail, my concern was making sure I'd get the patches working and
posted asap.
I will write some docs whenever I get tired of coding... right now I
want to take a swing at the audio driver since it seems it's too darn
slow at some point making A-V diff by about 5 units.