[Mplayer-dev-eng] mpg12play-irix

Gernot Ziegler gz at lysator.liu.se
Mon May 14 12:41:36 CEST 2001

Hej folks !

Arpi, about portability:
I just saw that you have implemented dword reading functions in stream.c -
is it _only_ those I have to change for your code (not the libs) to work ?

> it's in libmpeg2, and it was in libmpeg2's original config.h, so it was
> added to ./confugure too, but was never tried. i think, the files for
> it already missing from source tree...
I see ...

well, since I am using an old source version and since I know that the AVI
DivX playback over these Win32-codecs never will work on IRIX I have been
quite brutal and removed a lot of the stuff that uses any feature that
won't ever be available on IRIX (3DNow and MMX files, and all AVI stuff)
... I will probably also have to change a lot in configure, which will
make a source split unevitable ....

> > Ich bin nur zu Gast, ein Jahr als Doktorand in Goeteborg. Das ganze endet im
> > August, weil mich das Wetter im letzten Oktober zu sehr geschockt hat, als dass
> > ich noch ein Herbst hier verbringen wollte... Ausserdem bin ich Mathematiker,
> > nicht Informatiker ;-p
> Hey, what about mplayer-dev-ger ? :)
Nah, that wasn't tech-talk ;) ...

I do actually prefer english for tech talk since it reaches a wider
audience and trains up my English (which I need for documentation, I am
_only_ using English for documentation)

> BTW we are using german on the IRC channel sometimes :)
> at least most of us speaks it (i learned it 8 years ago, and forget
> almost everyting but still understand many things)
Ha, interesting - well you Hungarians are usually good at (passive) German
:-)

Servus,
  Gernot

T                 The Austria <=> Sweden connection.....                 T
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                 E