[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on IRIX ... (fwd)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 14 00:19:35 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > maybe you have to update libmpeg2 from current mplayer or mpeg2dec-cvs
> > to get the portability changes.
> Will do !
> But that will force me to investigate the extra variables you added to
> libmpeg2, but that shouldn't be too hard - and since you are on the
Yes, it's very easy. Just diff mpeg2_internal.h and headers.c, you'll
see what i changed. They (bitrate and repeat_field flags) are required
for proper seeking and timing.

> mpeg2dec-list, too, I can simply talk to you about that later on :-)
Yes, I'm on it from the beginning :)

> > >From MPlayer 0.10 win32 specific code was merged and from that point it's
> > messy and surely unportable.
> Understood !
> *warming up fingers for a hacky week* ;)

The work can be splitted for these parts:
- demuxer: you have to make it portable, but it's much easier than
  current MPlayer's very complex demuxer.
  (mpeg2dec's demuxer can't handle all files nor audio... nor sync.
  it's only a fast hack to get PS streams work with libmpeg2 for testing.)
- audio playback - steal it from mpg123 :)
- mpeg2 decoding - already portable...
- mp3lib - based on portable mpg123, so shouldn't big work
  and I already used it on IRIX a year ago, but it needs some small changes
- libvo: drop everything except x11, gl, pgm and null
  (pgm and null are very usefull for testing)

btw we should move to mplayer-dev-eng with this topic...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu