[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on IRIX ... (fwd)

Gernot Ziegler gz at lysator.liu.se
Mon May 14 00:07:57 CEST 2001

Hej Arpi !

> www.linuxvideo.org
> download mpeg2dec-CVS, it's known to compile (and AFAIK works too) in IRIX.
> there was a big work to make it portable, including 64bit and reverse
> byteorder, and different X11 behaviour.
Jupp, I've been playing with mpeg2dec-CVS for quite a while already ...
I can base my code on mpeg2dec, but thought there was something as "spicy"
like your MPlayer-syncing code available on IRIX already... :-)

But well, then I will start from there instead ;)

> mpg12play-0.90pre6 or MPlayer-0.09 (mpeg part is almost the same)
>
> maybe you have to update libmpeg2 from current mplayer or mpeg2dec-cvs
> to get the portability changes.
Will do !
But that will force me to investigate the extra variables you added to
libmpeg2, but that shouldn't be too hard - and since you are on the
mpeg2dec-list, too, I can simply talk to you about that later on :-)

> >From MPlayer 0.10 win32 specific code was merged and from that point it's
> messy and surely unportable.
Understood !
*warming up fingers for a hacky week* ;)

Servus,
  Gernot

T                 The Austria <=> Sweden connection.....                 T
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                 E