[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on IRIX ... (fwd)

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Sun May 13 19:41:09 CEST 2001

Am Sonntag, 13. Mai 2001 15:05 schrieben Sie:
> Hej folks !
>
> I am currently trying to port your MPLayer to the IRIX architecture to be
> able to play Mpeg2 there -
> seems like no one has tried _that_ before ;) ...

I looked at a port to Solaris, but it's not worth the effort, I guess. All
you will get in the end is a MPEG2-player, but there are already some, based
on mpeg2dec, for IRIX as well as for Solaris. Perhaps it would be better for
you to use one of those, or help working on them, instead of starting from
scratch with a MPlayer or mpg12player port.

gruel