[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on IRIX ... (fwd)

Gernot Ziegler gz at lysator.liu.se
Sun May 13 17:05:05 CEST 2001

Hej folks !

> >> Does mplayer run on non Intel architectures (at least with code which not required win32.dll)?
> >No. And it wasn't planned to be portable. I think that mpg12player should be
> >ported if someone interested. it's the parent of mplayer, and supports mpeg
> >1/2 playback only.
Yes, I thought so from the beginning ... it's completely understandable -
I have now gotten as far as making it compile, but the last linking
process now has a lot of missing symbols, so that would be 1-2 weeks more
of work with uncertain ending ...

> Maybe you'll want to port mpg12player which especially was declared as portable opposite to mplayer?
That is A'rpis old player, right ?
I guess it's not supported anymore ?
But it would be a good place to start from, to learn more about the
internals of the architecture ....

Good, I'll try it - thanks ! :-)

Servus,
  Gernot

T                 The Austria <=> Sweden connection.....                 T
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                 E