[Mplayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on IRIX ... (fwd)

Gernot Ziegler gz at lysator.liu.se
Sun May 13 15:05:33 CEST 2001

Hej folks !

I am currently trying to port your MPLayer to the IRIX architecture to be
able to play Mpeg2 there -
seems like no one has tried _that_ before ;) ...

As expected I am missing a lot of Linux includes, and therefore I have
some questions:
.) cdrom.h (I can't turn off the CDROM-support, can I ?)

.) Shmem support with some special feature:

gcc -c -O4 -ffast-math  -Iloader -Ilibvo  -o linux/shmem.o linux/shmem.c
linux/shmem.c: In function `shmem_alloc':
linux/shmem.c:42: `MAP_ANON' undeclared (first use in this function)
linux/shmem.c:42: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
linux/shmem.c:42: for each function it appears in.)

The offending line was:
    p=mmap(0,size,PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,MAP_ANON|MAP_SHARED,-1,0);

Can I simply take away MAP_ANON, or do I need something more advanced ?

.) soundcard.h doesn't exist - no OSS support - that was the easiest part,
I need to rewrite that anyways to connect to rplayd (rplay.doit.org), and
I think that could be useful, if I get it to work ...

.) same prob in mixer.c

.) setup_FS.c - this looks like some helping stuff for the win codecs - I
hope it's not essential, otherwise I'm scr**ed, since it contains
assembler instructions ... it is not needed for playing back MPEG2, or is
it ?

Is there maybe a possibility to lift out the whole loader stuff for the
Win32-DLLs ?

Thank you for your help in advance, and: This is currently the BEST player
in Linux ! :-)

Servus,
  Gernot

T                 The Austria <=> Sweden connection.....                 T
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                 E