[Mplayer-dev-eng] release name + 1 link

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 7 13:58:54 CEST 2001

Am Montag,  7. Mai 2001 12:40 schrieben Sie:
> Hello!
>
> On Sun, 6 May 2001 20:09:48 +0200 (CEST), Arpi wrote:
> >What will be the name of the coming-soon 0.18 release?
> >
> >ColaCounter? BugCounter?
> >CommitCounter? (we are over 1200 commits!)
>
> I'm sorry! But 1200 commits is not cause for release.
> AV resync problems still not solved, stream64.c is not implemented and so
> on.
>
> About crashes on SMP P3, SSE and so on:
> http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-05-03-007-20-NW-KN
>
> As I see linux-2.2.x can not be used with SSE applications at least if such
> aen pplication exist in memory more than one at the same time.

Hmm when I understood that link correct it was only about SSE2 which are
available on PIV only and about the fact that 2.4 kernel is slower then 2.2
cause it supports that stuff correctly. So 2.4 is slower on PIII cause it has
supplementary code to support SSE2 but I didn't see that there was written
about probs with SSE1 on 2.2 kernel.
> Best regards! Nick

Best Regards,
   Felix