[Mplayer-dev-eng] release 0.18...

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri May 4 18:22:04 CEST 2001

Hi,

Another problem.
Your work with mplayer looks great except seeking (DVD playing).
Of course 32 bit integer is not enough to hold the "global" offset
value (of course you will see negative values and so on for sizes caused
by integer overflows).
Using 'long long' types would solve the problem but it's ugly
and slower. I think we should move to sector base seeking, and offset
storing and so in, since that is the smallest element can be read once
from encrypted disks. So offset, size, etc 1 means the second sector
(0 s the first of course). This would simplify code and makes it faster
too (you don't have to convert between byte offset and sector offset
values). And of course it fits into 32 bit integer without problem.

Is there any problem which does not allow to use ONLY sector based
values for DVD playback?

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!