[Mplayer-dev-eng] release 0.18...

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Fri May 4 16:03:39 CEST 2001

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Arpi wrote:

> - maybe: German's IFO patch (if knoen problems fixed, seeking etc...)

	Well, I'm trying to integrate a better IFO parsing that includes
language, subtitles, multiangle, etc. The main problem seems to be the
lack of a play list feature in mplayer, so the only solution I can think
of is to construct a list to sectors/offsets on the disk, this information
seems to be available through IFO parsing and would solve current seeking
problems and time reporting. The problem of this is that a 8Gb disk is too
large and we could have problems with long int offsets. (long long ??)

> - aspect ratio patch - without hacking all vo_ drivers (i prefer something
>   general solution, in mplayer.c or maybe video_out.c, but don't hack
>   all vo_* files please)

	If you want real aspect ratio correction you need to know actual
screen aspect ratio, and that is something vo_* files should report, maybe
some new function that report the ratio or just change some general
structure like vo_info so it includes a pointer to general data, maybe we
could include supported image formats in this data too.

	Regards,

	- german