[Mplayer-dev-eng] DVD implementation...

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Jun 20 21:09:20 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 02:19:07PM -0400, Jason Lassaline wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I would like to help out with the development of mplayer with respect to
> DVD support.  I would be willing to work on implementing IFO file
> support so that one day we could all make use of DVD-Video menus,
> easter-eggs, etc.  Who is working on reading DVDs by sector instead of
> file.  It seems this is a good starting point since IFOs index chapters,
> angles, etc by sector.

NICE!
There was a patch (uhh, made by ... erhmm I forgot ...) but that used
byte offsets so it has serious problems over 2G ;-( And it had got
other strange effects as well, but ... it worked at least, I can play
DVD without playing VOBs but the whole disc at once from begining to
end. However it hadn't got DVD menu support or similar.

If you're interested in GO AHEAD! ;-)
And write DVD sub support code as well :)

BTW, the preliminary DVD support can be found in mplayer is written by me.
That was not a big project and it's ugly ... time to change this is
coming ...

- Gabor

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!