[Mplayer-dev-eng] Sun audio trouble broke CVS build

Bertrand BAUDET bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 11:25:39 CEST 2001

I just update from CVS and I was unable to build mplayer.

First the configure script report that I have Sun audio on my Linux box!
Checking for Sun Audio ... yes
I didn't know that I can use Sun audio on my Linux box :op
This make my mplayer build to fail...
Anyway, I changed by hand in the config.h file the define USE_SUN_AUDIO
by an undef. That make the build go further but failed to find the file
ao_sun.c! I just removed the build of this file and everything went well.

Can someone have a look at it?

Note to Makefile maintainers:
An easy way to transform a list of c sources files in a list of objects files
is to use the following rule: (in case of you don't know)
SRCS = file1.c file2.c file3.c ....
OBJS = $(SRCS:.c=.o)
So by adding or removing a c file in the SRCS line, the OBJS list will be
automatically update will running the makefile.
My 2 cents.

Bertrand