[Mplayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-users] Divx4Linux confusion

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 21 20:51:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > I'm utterly confused.

>From the API doc:

The memory that decore will use is described in the DEC_BUFFERS structure,
defined as:

typedef struct _DEC_BUFFERS_
{
    void * mp4_edged_ref_buffers;
    void * mp4_edged_for_buffers;
    void * mp4_display_buffers;
    void * mp4_state;
    void * mp4_tables;
    void * mp4_stream;
    void * mp4_reference;
} DEC_BUFFERS;

Alternatively, the application can clear ( set to zero ) the contents of
this structure. In this case, decore will allocate needed memory by itself.

-----------

Just realized that this has been removed from latest API doc.
I've read the pre-beta one, what I got from Eugene a week ago.
Btw it still works.

> > > A'rpi, I guess you wrote the integration of DivX4Linux into Mplayer?
>
> Do you do call    decore(...,DEC_OPT_RELEASE,...) at the end of play?
> Or is this a TODO item?
There is no codec uninitialization part of mplayer yet. It exits if
the movie ends.

And there are no free() calls, so it will have tons of memory leaks
as soon we implement mult-file support.

> I'm somehow searching for a difference in mplayer and my test program,
> because calling DEC_OPT_RELEASE gives a segfault here, if I use DEC_OPT_INIT
> without a previous decore(...,MEM_REQ,...) before, freeing memory that has
> not been malloced.
Strange. Eugene should check this.
If it would be opensource...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team