[Mplayer-dev-eng] projectmayo's divx codec...

Eugene Kuznetsov divx at euro.ru
Thu Jul 19 03:06:08 CEST 2001

Hello Andrй,

>Like Arpi mentioned there are disassemblers. They can't only be used to
>steal code, but also to find out if someone else has stolen your code...

>I remember reading about that happening to some free software and if I'm
>not misstaking the FSF is taking it to court.

This may be too complicated, since we can't spend all the time disassembling
our competitors' projects and looking for similarities to our code. They
can also take _ideas_ without stealing the code explicitly.

If you want to argue with somebody whose opinion is more important than
mine,
go here:
http://forums.projectmayo.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2431&forum=3

--