[Mplayer-dev-eng] projectmayo's divx codec...

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Wed Jul 18 23:46:34 CEST 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Eugene Kuznetsov wrote:

> Hello Christoph,
Hejsan,

> > 3) modify the internal buffer where the last frame was backuped?
> > 4) influence the error measure like SAD?
>
> No, what for?

3) for easy SMP parallelisation (heading to realtime encoding).
Since I don't expect any source to be release, a method I came up with
(and discussed with eagle) seems the only one to me that will be
successful to get speedup and low latencies at the same time.

4) for combination with two-pass. Since I don't expect any source to be
released, but I still want to use "better" error measures in scenes where SAD
is known to be bad (e.g. fades/dissolves).

> > The encoder engine is based on Eugene's "Sparky" codec
>
> Just for the record, this is absolutely not true, it is even written
> in different language ( but since you probably won't ever see the source,
> it does not matter :-) ).

But it's based on "encore2" that was removed from PMs CVS some months(?)
ago?

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se