[Mplayer-dev-eng] plans ?

Balazs Tibor tibcu at sch.bme.hu
Tue Jul 17 17:33:44 CEST 2001

> Hello Tibor (<-- sorry forgot to change last time),

thx :)

> >> lower when you directly diplay in YV12, this means with XVideo, all

from vo_dga.c :

 if( format==IMGFMT_YV12 ){
    yuv2rgb_init(...

does that mean, that if image format is YV12, like the one ffdivx
produces, vo_dga.c uses an YUV to RGB converter, in order to be able to
display the image?
then I have no question :)

> >> other stuff gets direct bgr from codec (divxds/divx) or has to do YV12
> >> to BGR conversion (ffdivx), so of xourse you won't gain performance

:-(( (szegény embert az ág is húzza)

> yea, cause divx codec can deliver BGR (in-codec conversion from YUV),
> but libavcodec currently only does YV12 so mplayer does the YUV->RGB
                                                              ^^^
                                     and who does YV12-YUV?? :)

Well, so you say, when mplayer prints out Using MMX for colorspace
transform, it means, it will use software conversion, because YV12
couldn't directly used on my hardware?

> conversion (actually I saw in ffmpeg changelog that there was a patch
> to get bgr 24 output from libavcodec, but I don't think mplayer is
> ready for it).

Tibcu