[Mplayer-dev-eng] plans ?

Felix Bünemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 16 20:48:27 CEST 2001

Hello Tibor (<-- sorry forgot to change last time),

Monday, July 16, 2001, 7:07:56 PM, you wrote:

>> BT> YV12 will help for most users, but not for me :(
>> arg you don't quite get it, YV12 memory bandwidth of course only is

> yes, there's nothing in -v output, from wich it should turn out

> vo_debug: query(Planar YV12) returned 0x7
> vo_debug1: out_fmt=Planar YV12
> o_debug2: out_fmt=Planar YV12
VO: [dga] 384x288 =>> 384x288 Planar YV12
> VO: Description: DGA ( Direct Graphic Access V1.0+XF86VidModeExtension )
video_out->>init(384x288->384x288,flags=0,'MPlayer',0x32315659)
> vo_debug3: out_fmt=Planar YV12
> vo_dga: Using mplayer depth 32 for YV12

>> lower when you directly diplay in YV12, this means with XVideo, all

> I've got no Xv :(
> And I didn't know it.

>> other stuff gets direct bgr from codec (divxds/divx) or has to do YV12
>> to BGR conversion (ffdivx), so of xourse you won't gain performance

> yes, dshow codec sais:
VO: [dga] 384x288 =>> 384x288 BGR 32-bit
>  here is BGR, but not when I use ffdivx, so???
yea, cause divx codec can deliver BGR (in-codec conversion from YUV),
but libavcodec currently only does YV12 so mplayer does the YUV->RGB
conversion (actually I saw in ffmpeg changelog that there was a patch
to get bgr 24 output from libavcodec, but I don't think mplayer is
ready for it).

--
Best regards,
 Felix                            mailto:atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net