[MPlayer-dev-eng] LIBA52 and 3DNOW!

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon Dec 31 00:25:50 CET 2001

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> i've changed resample.c a bit. now it fails on impossible conversions,
> instead of producing ugly noise. users getting such message should contact
> us, so we can implement missing conversions (i know at least one: stereo -> 4/6
> ch)
>
> i've also changed initialization order and channel setup code in dec_audio.c
> it may be wrong, so please, someone with 4/6 speakers test it!
> (patches welcomed!)

I like to use mplayer with "-channels 4 -aop list=surround".  With vobs
and libac3, this produces 4 channel mix via libac3, with the surround
plugin going into passthrough.  Non ac3 files the "channels" switch is
ignored and the surround plugin kicks in.

This doesn't work anymore with liba52 and I don't think your change will
fix that.

I'll test and try to propose an alternative patch.

Steve