[MPlayer-dev-eng] LIBA52 and 3DNOW!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 30 22:56:34 CET 2001

Hi,

> > about liba52 cpu stuff:
> > liba52 has it's own interface for this.
> > at a52_init(), you can pass a flags value (mm_accel), construced from
> > values in mm_accel.h by OR'ing them.
> > example:  a52_init(MM_ACCEL_X86_MMX|MM_ACCEL_X86_3DNOW);
> > it should set up function pointers, patch/build tables etc...
> ok, sorry, ill fix it after the release (i can try to fix it before the
> release too if u want, but if anythings breaks than it could delay the
> release ...)
:)

i've changed resample.c a bit. now it fails on impossible conversions,
instead of producing ugly noise. users getting such message should contact
us, so we can implement missing conversions (i know at least one: stereo -> 4/6
ch)

i've also changed initialization order and channel setup code in dec_audio.c
it may be wrong, so please, someone with 4/6 speakers test it!
(patches welcomed!)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu