[MPlayer-dev-eng] Player Plain Audio Files

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 28 00:12:30 CET 2001

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> but we have a non-tech reason as well: mplayer is not an audio player.
> current audio players do a _LOT_ more than mplayer will ever do in audio
> area. and we simply have no time for improving audio features, what you can
> expect from users when we start supporting it.

	Since when do we care about user requests?...:) I guess you're
right, though, that even if we don't care, they'll still beg and then
write and publish angry editorials when we tell them to buzz off. I
can't help but wonder what features we're talking about here? I guess I
don't use many of the features of my audio player except play, seek, stop,
volume. There's also panning and graphic equalization; are those the types
of features people might beg for? Advanced playlist management?

	Oh well...I guess it's back to using vid2asf to convert these WAVs
for testing. Thanks anyway...
--
	-Mike Melanson