[MPlayer-dev-eng] NuppelVideo

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Dec 26 18:11:52 CET 2001

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:

> Is anyone working on adding the NuppelVideo codec to MPlayer,
> and if not, I will give it my best shot to add it myself.

	Okay, I went off and did my homework on this format. So it is open
source, very cool. That dramatically increases its odds of being support.
However, if I understand correctly, it stores data in its own format,
.nuv. This will require another demuxer, not a particularly simple task
(it's rumored that only A'rpi and myself have ever achieved such a feat).
It you can demux the file, then decoding the frames should be pretty easy,
especially with source already available.

	I have a backlog of decoders I want to work on, so if you want to
try your hand at this codec, you're certainly welcome to do it. Otherwise,
I may be able to try it in a few weeks.
--
	-Mike Melanson