[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: VP3 & Mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Dec 26 17:32:45 CET 2001

Hi,

> still waiting for a response, or a post on your support list -- this is an
i see this mail first time. where you posted it first?

> > first let me congratulate you on a fine product.  It's the best all-around
> > media player in terms of performance & codec support I have seen for
> > Linux.  I only wish it didn't crash my terminal when I hit CTL-C 8-(
it shouldn't. if it does, it's a bug.

> > I recently discovered a bug in our VP3 codec regarding access of CR0 to
> > determine OS/CPU support.  I then recalled a comment in one of your doc
> > files to the effect that you had to hack the VP3 source to get it working
> > in MPlayer.
it's not really a bug. it's the only way to get your code working on win98.
and our bug, as we emulate win98, but really we are under linux.
(win98 allows cr0 access)
so it's not easy to solve. the easiest way was modifying your binary for
linux.

> > addressing this problem shortly, and I'll let you know when it's released
> > so you can incorporate the new version with proper support for all CPU's.
> > Perhaps you would like to trade
> > some links on our websites?  I've already pointed some posters on our BBS
> > your way for Linux support.

really we want to see native linux version of your codec - instead of win32
loader hack. do you plan it? i've seen a few linux-related files in the
source, but it looks very unfinished and unmaintained :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu