[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video 4 Linux output formats (first: on mplayer-cvslog)

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Mon Dec 24 19:42:13 CET 2001

Hi Nick!

I'm not subscribed to mplayer-cvslog (i'm only tracing it on the web :).

Your question was about YV12 and I420.
Yeah, they're the same, the only different is that they've got swapped U,V
planes. (Also libavcodec uses YV12 input, but for mencoder it seems to be
I420 becouse of swapped planes)

I dunno if this swapped UV planes thing is caused by V4L or bttv driver,
that's the reason why I leaved YV12 support and added this (pseudo)-I420
thingie :)

I'm waiting for reports, with I420 it's working for me at least.

Good luck and Merry Christmas,
alex