[MPlayer-dev-eng] Questions About Audio Decoding

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Sat Dec 22 00:49:23 CET 2001

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> yes, it's open. but it's written for windows and mac. however, it could be
> ported to linux, but i can't estimate how much work is it. it doesn't seems
> to be very portable to me.

	I've been browsing the VP3 tree and I think it ought to be
possible to rip off...err, adapt a handful of files so that we can decode
video frames. I'm not particularly interested in making an entire Linux
dynamic library that can handle encoding and decoding like its Win and Mac
counterparts. I believe the license to be loose enough that we can include
it with the MPlayer code distribution.

	Anyway, I'll be investigating it this weekend and I'll let you
know what I can come up with.
--
	-Mike Melanson