[MPlayer-dev-eng] Questions About Audio Decoding

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 21 20:28:31 CET 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> > * audio format 0x62
>
> hey, that's voxware! (at least if loader/wine/mmreg.h is right)

	Hmm...so it is. Strange, A'rpi had told me it was registered to a
group called Quanta. But now I can't find Quanta in that file. Whatever it
is, the format is not yet supported in MPlayer and I want it to be.

	Is there something special about Voxware? Like, is it already
supported by some other open source software? Otherwise, it looks to me
like it's ADPCM with about 16 bytes of header info at the start of every
audio block. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that most of those
registered audio types use the same ADPCM algorithm, but with custom
header chunks.

	-Mike Melanson