[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fixed Video-1 and FLI (again)

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Dec 19 07:32:15 CET 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> btw, while testing, i've found 2 broken fli files.
> just uploading to incoming/fli-bugs, check please! :)

	I'm checking...

> malev2.fli: gives unrecognized chunk type: 0
> a lots and then sig11

	I don't get any unrecognized chunks, just a big black window that
doesn't show any pictures. Looking at the file, there isn't anything
notably out of whack. But I see how XAnim doesn't like the file either, so
I'll look at it closer.

> specular.flc: detects resolution as 0x0 (???)

	The header in this file is all messed up. The file size is 0, and
so are the width, height, and frame count fields. The magic number is
valid, which is why it checks out as a FLI file. I was thinking of
assigning the FLI default size of 320x200 to the file if the width and
height fields are null, but this file has a magic number of 0xAF12 which
indicates a resolution that may not be 320x200 (0xAF11 always indicates
320x200). I could rework the demuxer so that it traverses the frames
manually, but that's moot for this file since I have no way of knowing its
actual dimensions.

	I think the best I can do for this one is to tighten up the file
detection code to validate the FLI header before proceeding to demux. What
do you think?

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson