[MPlayer-dev-eng] The eternal question : rpms

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Dec 13 01:37:41 CET 2001

Hi,

> But yeah, I'll maintain it, like everything else on http://freshrpms.net/
ok

> Yeah, I just added a dependency on my divx4linux package since it requires
> it to read divx4 files... but I can't seem to play "old" DivX files with no
> more Windows DLLs like I am now able to with either xine or aviplay.
what about RTFM ? try -vc odivx or -vc divx4
and mplayer-rtfm.rpm ? :)

> > also note, that it shouldn't depend son libdvdcss and libdvdread, they're
> > optional  (and be sure it's libdvdcss 0.0.3 not 1.0.0 and libdvdread
> > 0.9.x not 0.8.x)
>
> Well, the versions I package (since I also package Ogle, Xine and VideoLan)
> are currently 1.0.0 and 0.9.2 respectively. Are there any reasons why it
users reporetd that libdvdread 0.9.1 doens't work with libcss 1.0.0, but it
works with 0.0.3

> wouldn't work with it? Sure, I had to patch libdvdread since the libdvdcss
> version was hard coded in the source, but these "new" versions work great
> with Ogle and the Xine DVD menu plugin, so I suppose with MPlayer too since
> access is only made through libdvdread who himself accesses libdvdcss,
> right?
dunno. as i personally have no encrypted disk (and currently even no drive)
so i can't check it. you should try.

> I've already made some more tests on my package and changed it a bit. I'll
> probably just "pre-release" in my testing area and await some feedback
> before going any further since I'm not very familiar with MPlayer yet ;-)
i see.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu