[MPlayer-dev-eng] G200MMS

Nicolas DEVERGE ndeverge at zen.fr
Wed Dec 12 09:48:59 CET 2001

I send you my hack, but maybe you will be a bit disapointed because it is
very badly written because I don't have any experiences for programming
modules or graphic drivers.
I explain how I hack the driver :
 - first, I modified the mga_vid.c file in order to detect my four graphical
chip. I pass a parameter which indicates which chip to use (mga_number=x).
 - then I create four different devices named /dev/mga_vid1 ... /dev/mga_vid4
with the following major numbers : 178 ... 175 (I don't know if it is a good
idea, I have no experience with modules, but it works...)
 - I compile the mga_vid.c file 4 times in order to have four different
modules named mga_vid1.o ... mga_vid4.o
 - Finally, I modified the vo_mga.c (from libvo/ directory) in order to open
the right device with mplayer -vo mga:x
I also modified the configure script in order to detect the /dev/mga_vid1
device (named /dev/mga_vid before).
I know it is a proper way, but it works on my computer, and I have surprised
myself for my hack.
You can send me comments, and I will answer to your question.
Nicolas

Note : it ONLY works with my G200 MMS graphic card.