[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mga 450 overlay of OpenGL frames

Mr X eelector at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 18:09:11 CET 2001

>may be i understood you wrong,
>but how about extending the vo_gl2.c with a 3D GUI in front of
>the texture (movie images) ?

>cheers, sven

I haven't got a MGA450 card yet, im just trying to figure out if it can be
done before buying one :)
I've not looked at the mplayer code either so i don't really know what
vo_gl2.c does. (and im not not really familiar with hardware programming,
just with OpenGL :)
I guess it is the OpenGL output video renderer?
Can I combine the OpenGL renderer with the MGA overlay? If so, will OpenGL
demand more CPU power?

What i want is a kind of Geforce2MX-TwinView behavior, with the movie only
showing in "fullscreen" on the TV and not on the monitor. The way i've
understood it thats exactly what the mga_vid does.
The thing is that i want a kind of 3D GUI with MGA-overlay to launch mplayer
from.
I really hope someone can point me in the right direction! :)

cheers, Daniel