[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmp1e for mplayer

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Tue Dec 4 16:33:41 CET 2001

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>Hi
>
>On Sunday 02 December 2001 20:23, Arpi wrote:
>[...]
>
>>Btw, I bet that Michael will optimize at least 20% speedup into mp1e :)
>>
>ill try :)
>[...]
>
>Michael

That would be GREAT =D...
Tell you what, I will commit it, even though I need to clean the the api
a bit more (and add proper commenting or an api manual or whatever you
need ;). So you can have a look at the optimization part. If you can
optimize it without changing ANY of the files in the subdirs, that would
be for the best, (since then it will be easy to keep mp1e up to date
with the official version).
Currently though I feel they made a mess out of providing optimizations,
so if you have to change any of the native files, just let me know which
ones so I know when to use patch and when to use overwrite when I update
it ;)

//David Holm