[Mplayer-dev-eng] Feature request: audio downsampling

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Fri Aug 24 21:40:19 CEST 2001

>> DLL and -noshow is often the only way to get a picture :-(
>
>Luckily I don't care a damn about those illegally pirated
>"cool American DivX movies".
>I only watch anime, and most of them are encoded at 500-1000
>kbit/sec, which I can play fine in Linux (if they're not bigger
>than 320x240 pixels that is).

Yes sure... everybody has his favourite poison.

>BTW, I've noticed that MPEG 1 is significantly faster than DivX,
>aka M$MPEG4v3.
>Is MPEG 4 slow or is the M$ codec slow?

MPEG1 and MPEG4 are comletely different. MPEG4 reaches much higher
compression rates, but it's slower. That's the whole story.

Btw. this is not as all Mplayer related... and much less development-related.

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se