[Mplayer-dev-eng] more on IFO

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 20 00:03:42 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > could you test one more thing?
>
> yep, I like mplayer
:)

> > (unfortunately multiangle dvd is much more than IFO parsing :(
> > there are Navi sectors in VOB for navigate between angles)
> >
> > I'm interesting in both thing (mainly stderr stuff) running on a multiangle
> > title.
>
> I just uploaded 2 archives with such informations :

Thank you!
Now I understand it (at least i think so :))

I just wanted to know how usable is the angle index table.
And it is right, so seeking in multi-anlge movies will work, and
additionaly run-time angle switching too.

for example, the first table entry from title 5, cell 2:
00029782: 633 996 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

so, if i want to continue with angle 1:
  next_pos=0x00029782+633
for angle 2:
  next_pos=0x00029782+996

they are using tricks like interleaving in VOBs.
this is the reason of 1 sec alternating angle movies you experienced.
(i hate interleaving stuff in avi, and now they are in VOBs tooo. argh! :)

now i'm ready to implement a sector-based DVD demuxer using some code from
play_title.

>  . jblhb.tar.bz2 has some stranges things... when read with mplayer it shows
>    after 1 or 2 minutes some seconds from a scene then some seconds from
>    another then... and in between ** CRC failed - skipping frame ** then
>    after a few minutes everything come back correctly.
>    Read through play_title everything plays great.
yes, it's cell table is weird. but a parser knowing cells and navi sectors
should be able to play it.

> Hope it helps :)
Yes, a lot! Thanks again!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team