[Mplayer-dev-eng] compile problem in cvs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 8 22:28:39 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > and now finally i've removed old libavcodec from mplayer cvs
> > (actually only moved, it's still there but not in mplayer tree)
>
> Can you move main/libvacodec/README to DOCS ?
> then the libvacodec dir would be empty, preventing from problems
> while updating ffmpeg if it's put there like it is suggested in the
> README.
I can but I won't.
It's there to users searching for just disappeared files find it.
Simply delete README if you moved ffmpeg stuff there.

> And a little detail, could you add a "-z 3" to the checkout in the
> README, just for the lazy guys like me, c&p'ing everything :-)
I've added, but now line is too long, so 'g' of 'ffmpeg' is out of the
line, so lazy guys as you will c&p it with bad (short) module name
and then flood list with bugreports, like:
cvs fatal error: not module with name 'ffmpe' found

i should ask Gerard to rename his project to ffmpg. :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu