[Mplayer-dev-eng] QT interface for mplayer

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri Aug 3 07:46:16 CEST 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 08:55:27AM +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 05:48:29PM +0530, Erle Pereira wrote:
> > I want to write a QT based interface for mplayer.
> > For the same I am thinking of piping the output of mplayer to the respective
> > window / frame.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a better approach  ?
> > can i do this ? or do I have my facts wrong
>
> Also take a look at <http://www.gstreamer.net>.  mplayer
> is great, but gstreamer seems better designed for embedding
> into a custom application.  i had to face this choice
> a few weeks ago.  Qt is nice, but Gtk 1.3.x is also nice
> so i started building with Gtk + gstreamer.

Imho gtk would be nicer since it's C while Qt is ugly C++.
Any I think most of developers (including me) don't know C++ or even
don't want to know :)

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!