[Mplayer-dev-eng] QT interface for mplayer

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 05:25:27 CEST 2001

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 05:48:29PM +0530, Erle Pereira wrote:
> I want to write a QT based interface for mplayer.
> For the same I am thinking of piping the output of mplayer to the respective
> window / frame.
>
> Can anyone suggest a better approach  ?
> can i do this ? or do I have my facts wrong

Also take a look at <http://www.gstreamer.net>.  mplayer
is great, but gstreamer seems better designed for embedding
into a custom application.  i had to face this choice
a few weeks ago.  Qt is nice, but Gtk 1.3.x is also nice
so i started building with Gtk + gstreamer.

--
Get self-realization at <http://sahajayoga.org> ... <http://why-compete.org> ?
  Victory to the Divine Mother!!