[MPlayer-cygwin] Mouse buttons fail.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon May 11 21:54:54 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 08:01:09PM +0100, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
> On MOUSE_BTN2, the only one that even appears to formally exist, Strange Things happen.
> I can do MOUSE_BTN2 pause, and that works as it should, but MOUSE_BTN2_DBL fails! I get a no-binding error for MOUSE_BTN2!

It doesn't fail (at least it shouldn't and does not on Linux).
But the way it works you will always get a MOUSE_BTN2 event before a
MOUSE_BTN2_DBL one.
I do admit this limits the usefulness as binding both MOUSE_BTN2 and
MOUSE_BTN2_DBL will not usually make sense, but there are kind of
reasonably good reasons for that behaviour.
The missing bind is not an error however.

> The ONLY mouse buttons that do ANYTHING, are signle right clicks, and (only in full screen) single left clicks). This is woeful, it's apparently better to pretent I have no mouse at all and be done with it!!

The left click thing is a Windows-specific hack necessary to keep
some strange old features (dragging the Window even by clicking inside
it).
You need to press CTRL if you want the left-mouse-clicks to get through
in Windowed mode.
However it looks like there are a few issues related to mouse handling.
For example "-doubleclick-time 0" seems actually unsupported for even
-vo directx. In fact, it seems to only work in OS/2...