[MPlayer-cygwin] Mouse buttons fail.

Lostgallifreyan z.crow at btinternet.com
Mon May 11 21:01:09 CEST 2015

Is there a way to use MOUSE_BTN0? Ever? There is nothing, not even a response to a click saying 'no binding', so it looks like the message handling (wndproc) failed to pass the event to a user to handle. Apparently there is one limited case, a single left click can act IF Mplayer is in fullscreen mode, but not otherwise, and double clicks of ANY button do nothing, ever.

In Windows, handling such messages that cause focus of a window to act right, all it takes is to test whether or not the window HAS focus already, but it looks like there's a horrible tangle in Mplayer! I've found messages datign back years on various mailing list archives, regarding MOUSE_BTN0, and few have been answered, and none of them answered in a way to puts mouse buttons properly under user control. The problem is basically this: We cannot RTFM if the manual has effectively been part burnt, for all its relevance.

I've looked at a few compiles by Subjunk and Gianluigi Tiesi, these being the most likely to run on Windows so far as I know, and none of them resolve this.

The plot sickens... >:)
On MOUSE_BTN2, the only one that even appears to formally exist, Strange Things happen.
I can do MOUSE_BTN2 pause, and that works as it should, but MOUSE_BTN2_DBL fails! I get a no-binding error for MOUSE_BTN2!
So I try things various, like MOUSE_BTN2 ignore, or MOUSE_BTN2 pause, ANYTHING to satisfy the apparent requirement for binding to MOUSE_BTN2 before I even dare to consider that I have a legal right to handle MOUSE_BTN2_DBL. And it doesn't matter if I try MOUSE_BTN2-MOUSE_BTN2_DBL, either, it all fails.

The ONLY mouse buttons that do ANYTHING, are signle right clicks, and (only in full screen) single left clicks). This is woeful, it's apparently better to pretent I have no mouse at all and be done with it!!