[MPlayer-cygwin] Compiling MPlayer using MinGW on Debian?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Dec 22 12:37:02 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:45:58AM +0100, simon.eigeldinger at vol.at wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:26:39 +0100
>   Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> There is a .tar.bz2 file which contains various dependencies.
> >> Do i need to recompile them or does debian already comes with those?
> >> Do they need some special compilation or is it just the standard way
> >>to compile things?
> >>
> >> $ ./configure
> >> $ make
> >>
> >> or is it quite difficult to compile them?
> >
> > Not particularly, it's just a bit inconvenient.
>
> Yeah. But if I would be able to put it into the automatic process it
> would be not that much inconvenient.
>
> Debian seems not to offer such packages.

Not currently, but if someone volunteered to maintain them they might
accept libfreetype-mingw etc. packages, particularly if they are created
from the same source just with a few different configure options from
the debian ones.

> I also thought if it is possible or difficult if the package could be
> rebuilt on the mplayer server so everyone who wants to compile it on
> mingw just could grab the package like described in the howto?

I don't think there's a chance of any automated compilation running on the main
server.