[MPlayer-cygwin] Compiling MPlayer using MinGW on Debian?

simon.eigeldinger at vol.at simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Tue Dec 21 11:45:58 CET 2010

Hello Reimar,

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:26:39 +0100
  Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

[compiling mplayer under debian using mingw as suggested in the
document under tech]

>> There is a .tar.bz2 file which contains various dependencies.
>> Do i need to recompile them or does debian already comes with those?
>> Do they need some special compilation or is it just the standard way
>>to compile things?
>>
>> $ ./configure
>> $ make
>>
>> or is it quite difficult to compile them?
>
> Not particularly, it's just a bit inconvenient.

Yeah. But if I would be able to put it into the automatic process it
would be not that much inconvenient.

Debian seems not to offer such packages.

I also thought if it is possible or difficult if the package could be
rebuilt on the mplayer server so everyone who wants to compile it on
mingw just could grab the package like described in the howto?

Greetings,
Simon