[MPlayer-cygwin] cannot compile svn 27940

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:16:53 CEST 2009

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: BUGREPORT - cannot compile svn 27940 - more   info (John Brown)

With my MinGW I just recently compiled SVN 29119 with gui support and
libdvdnav enabled.
It works fine. DVDNav menus don't work. But at least it will work as before:
e.g. dvd://1

> In the unlikely event that anyone is interested:

Someone might be interested.

> Correction - the revision in the original subject line was the current
> revision of libavcodec. The problem seems to have been introduced with
> r27940 of MPlayer:

I'm at 29119

> Make fails with the following error:
> gcc -DLIBTWOLAME_STATIC -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -
> D_LARGEFILE_S
> OURCE -I.. -I.. -Wdisabled-optimization -Wdeclaration-after-statement -
> std=gnu99
>  -Wall -Wno-switch -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls -O4 -march=pentium-m -
> mtune
> =pentium-m -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -
> D_FILE_OF
> FSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I. -I/usr/local/include   -c -o
> w32thread.o
> w32thread.c

I have pthreads installed and working. So the pthreads options is working
with the configure
script and is used instead of w32threads. The configure scripts detects
pthreads and uses
it over w32threads.

> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `i386/fft_mmx.o', needed by
> `libavcodec.a'.
>  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/colind/mplayer/libavcodec'
> make: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2

I don't know. I think I recall I had a similar problem about 3 or 4 months
ago. But that problem
went away eventually. Somebody fixed the code?  Like I say, I'm currently at
SVN 29119

> I have yasm:
> $ yasm --version
> yasm 0.7.2.2153
> Compiled on Mar 21 2009.
>
> It is detected by the configure script.

I'm using one of the latest SVN's of YASM: yasm 0.7.99.HEAD

> I have not tried the current sv, but nobody has responded and told me that
> the problem has been fixed, so ...

Well, count yourself informed.

>  System Configuration:
>
>  Intel Core2 Duo, Vista Home Premium (64-bit), gcc-3.4.5.

System Configuration:

Intel Dual Pentium III, 1Ghz XP Pro , gcc-4.2.4 (sherpya)

But my gcc-3.4.5 works, too.

I did have a problem with some of the Internation libraries. The current
versions were giving
me problems with libavcodec, I believe. I think I used one of those MinGW or
Msys versions
where they connect you to the internet to download the latest code,
configure your source, build
the code, etc. I think you've seen them and know what I'm talking about. I
haven't had my morning cup
of coffee. So I can't tell you off the top of my head as to exactly what I'm
referring to.

But I think you would know what I'm referring to based on your previous
posts.