[MPlayer-cygwin] mplayer and libfontconfig-1.dll

Rafael Mattos flamemaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:19:29 CEST 2007

After one hell of a time trying to compile fontconfig on mingw (and
actually somehow suceeding), mplayer still won't detect it. Since I'm
pretty much giving up on it, I checked smplayer's mplayer build (mplayer
cccp-svn-r23855-3.4.5) and that build has a libfontconfig-1.dll (and
libexpat-1.dll, libfreetype-6.dll) along with mplayer.exe. Is there any
way to compile mplayer on mingw while having it use these dlls?

Also, to Gianluigi Tiesi (who has done a superb job at those win32
mplayer builds): Why aren't you using fontconfig on your builds? We
can't have ass/ssa+embedded fonts rendering without it!

Best regards.