[MPlayer-cygwin] regarding make-3.79.1

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:52:06 CEST 2007

> Using make-3.81-1, by the way. I never managed to get 3.79.1, as
> suggested.
>
> Make 3.81.1 bombs. The only make that works is 3.79.1

You can download the source from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/make/make-3.79.1.tar.gz

It should compile and install. If you install it in /usr/local/bin it will
take precedence.

The make that comes with the original installation which is purported to be
"not as featureful" as the newer makes, does a better job than the
3.8*versions. That's the
3.79.1 version.

As a matter of fact the guy who packaged the DTK for mingw says something
smart like, "I see you have make 3.79 installed. Good, leave it that way."

I think he said that with good reason.