[MPlayer-cygwin] Does -slave work on Windows 98?

RVM rvm3000 at ya.com
Sat Oct 13 01:03:05 CEST 2007

El Jueves, 11 de Octubre de 2007 15:07, Thomas Plank escribió:
> RVM (rvm3000 at ya.com) wrote:
> >> Here you are:
> >> http://www.student.tugraz.at/thomas.plank/mplay.rar
> >
> > I tested your build and it might work. I'm not sure, 'cos it's a funny
> > situation, I can't see or hear anything.
>
> Lol.
>
> > I can't hear anything because Win98
> > doesn't recognize my sound card, and I can't see anything because the
> > only vo that worked with other builds was gl2, and it seems your build
> > doesn't have support for it.
>
> That's true, I had to disable opengl because a few months ago, compilation
> failed when opengl was enabled.
>
> The standard video output is directx I am wondering why it doesn't work
> with your computer.

It seems that this Win98 doesn't have directx installed.

> > I asked in my forum to real win98 users to test it. But there's a
> > problem. It seems your build is compiled with some CPU extensions: [...]
> > Will it be possible to get a similar build but compiled with runtime CPU
> > detection?
>
> Ok, I will make a build for you with run-time detection.
> You can find it under the same URL.

Thank you. A Windows 98 user has tested it and it seems it works ok, although
there are still some minor problems (like a ms-dos window that appears when
mplayer is executed).

Is there some document which explains how to compile mplayer using cygwin?
(the packages required and so on)
If it's not so difficult maybe I could do it myself, trying different options
until I could get a build that works reasonably well under Windows 98.

--
RVM