[MPlayer-cygwin] Does -slave work on Windows 98?

Thomas Plank tplank at gmx.at
Thu Oct 11 15:07:40 CEST 2007

RVM (rvm3000 at ya.com) wrote:

>> Here you are:
>> http://www.student.tugraz.at/thomas.plank/mplay.rar

> I tested your build and it might work. I'm not sure, 'cos it's a funny
> situation, I can't see or hear anything.

Lol.

> I can't hear anything because Win98
> doesn't recognize my sound card, and I can't see anything because the only vo
> that worked with other builds was gl2, and it seems your build doesn't have
> support for it.

That's true, I had to disable opengl because a few months ago, compilation
failed when opengl was enabled.

The standard video output is directx I am wondering why it doesn't work
with your computer.

> I asked in my forum to real win98 users to test it. But there's a problem. It
> seems your build is compiled with some CPU extensions: [...]
> Will it be possible to get a similar build but compiled with runtime CPU
> detection?

Ok, I will make a build for you with run-time detection.
You can find it under the same URL.
--
mfg Thomas